Please note: This is a sample only and should be reproduced as relevant to your local government’s needs
As part of our local government’s commitment to gender equality and community safety, we are seeking nominations from staff across all local government services and departments to become working group members to lead the design, delivery and monitoring of a program focussed on prevention of violence against women and promotion of gender equality.
The working group will support activities inside local government and throughout the community. .
The group will:
- lead the design, delivery and monitoring of activities in our workplace and community
- share knowledge within our workplace
- develop networks and partnerships with key community organisations
We are looking for:
- men, women and people of all gender identities, ideally from all areas of local government
- members at all levels and a diverse range of roles and responsibilities across the local government
- members who are representative of the diversity of our local government and community
- people who have an interest in gender equality and the prevention of violence against women.
Why be a part of this working group?
- To be part of leading a significant change process in your local government and community to end violence against women.
- To increase your knowledge and skills around gender equality and preventing violence against women.
- To represent your team and share your learnings to build their understanding and engagement.
There are no specific criteria for nominating to be on the working group other than interest and commitment to gender equality and preventing violence against women.
To nominate or for more information contact:
<Name of contact>