They are designed to be a starting point or a quick-use tool for people in local government developing their approach to primary prevention and gender equality.
Download all 12 factsheets together as one PDF here.
Download a ZIP file with 12 separate factsheet files here.
The information in these factsheets can be used to:
- build your knowledge about violence against women and its prevention
- obtain commitment from your council to champion the prevention of violence against women
- help you engage key community partners, the media, and council staff on this issue
- give you pointers for where to go for more resources
- provide examples of successful prevention initiatives undertaken by other councils around Australia.
The factsheets are relevant for councils and council staff at various stages of their prevention work and were developed by Our Watch in conjunction with the Australian Local Government Association (ALGA) and all state and territory local government associations.